Monday, April 2, 2012

Welcome to Have You Heard This?

These days, everyone who has a web cam thinks that they can become a sensation on YouTube. It is not unusual for me to scour YouTube for new music and I can't tell you how many horrible singers out there begging for people to listen to their crap songs. I get messages from people all the time to PLEASE listen to their songs on YouTube. I don't know where they get my info or how they find me, but several times a week there is some teenybopper begging for me to listen. I can't get them a record deal, I can't get them thousands of screaming fans. I can only listen to their music and give my opinion.

I will be honest with you. Most of it stinks. I have seen way too many Justin Bieber fans trying to emulate his YouTube success. I try to be honest with them, but at the same time, tell the truth. Sometimes I feel like I am a judge on American Idol. I am no expert when it comes to music. I love music, I have played the piano, trumpet, guitar and trombone in my day as well as a little kazoo, but I would never pretend or imply that I would know what sells or what will be successful. I simply know what I like and I know talent when I see it.

My music tastes really run the gamut. I don't like really hard gangster rap nor am I in love with country music. I really like bluegrass though and can definitely get into some of those hip hop beats. Lyrics are extremely important in music in my opinion but some of my favorite music includes instrumentals.

I am writing this blog to not only share what I like, but to find out what we like...yes, we, as in you and I. I want to know what you are listening to, what you want to share with the world. If you are a singer or songwriter, hit me up...let me know what you are doing musically. Follow me on Twitter...I will follow back and listen to your stuff. 

Twitter is how I discovered Rachael Owens....she will be my first featured artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment